The City of Garden City has a program available to its residents called Rent-A-Truck Program. This Program allows homeowners to use a City dump truck to clean up their property for a minimum charge of $30.00 each time the service is used.
You can reserve a truck for a weeknight or for a weekend. City workers will park a City dump truck on your property before 5:00 p.m. and pick it up the following morning. For weekend reservations, the truck will be delivered on Friday and picked up first thing Monday morning. The truck must be parked on the resident’s property (no street or alley parking). To make reservations for a truck, please contact the Street Division at (620) 276-1270.
Guidelines for the Program are:
- The program is available from April 1 – September 30.
- Prepayment is required.
- The Rent-A-Truck Program is available to residential customers only in the City of Garden City - no commercial addresses or landlords.
- Trucks may not be reserved by the same individual or family more than once a week unless there is no waiting list.
- Residents may not dispose of the following items:
- vehicle motors or batteries
- liquid paints
- appliances using FREON
- grass clippings, leaves
- hazardous waste materials
- any petroleum products
- shingles or roofing material
- building demolition debris
- contractor materials (tree trimming, home remodeling, appliances, etc) - the contractor is responsible for the removal service
- large quantities of concrete, bricks or sod